There are some days when I can’t get inspired to even make myself breakfast, much less tackle any of the numerous items on my ever morphing to-do list. When I get in this rut I often wrack my befuddled brain for the one thing that will magically transport me back to my usual state of being overly-inspired (my poor friends and husband can attest to this). Although the solutions I’ve discovered may seem a tad odd or even rudimentary to many of you readers, I have selflessly decided to share them with you so that you might be inspired to get out of a rut today:
1. Eat some Lay’s BBQ or Sour Cream and Onion chips – a few of these babies and my mind is ready to take on the next challenge in life!
2. Make a drastic change to your morning routine, like fixing iced coffee rather than the usual hot coffee with creamer. I know, totally radical.
3. Eat an apple. I recall being told during middle school that eating an apple can wake you up and energize you.
4. And, to prove that there is more to me than just eating and drinking. . . play Christmas music even if it’s 95 degrees in the middle of July! My sister Holly can attest to the success of this one.
5. Get some hard-core exercise. If I workout super hard for even 30 minutes it helps to get the blood flowing from head to toe.
6. Take a 5-minute praise break. I close my eyes or look at the nature in my surroundings and praise God for the many blessings in my life.
7. Get married. Okay, so it’s a lot of effort to go to just to get motivated, but having a partner in life sure helps to get me off of the sofa and mentally charged to get stuff done during the day.
So now, oh readers, it’s your turn. What inspires you?